Monday, March 7, 2011

A Flapper's New Topper~ Black and Blue Houndstooth w/ Bird Cage Veiling



Here's the latest creation~ A perfect Blue and Black Houndstooth Tilt/ Topper Cocktail Hat with Black Bird Cage Veiling. I just love this little hat!!!
 I get a lot of inspiration from Rita Hayworth, especially from her 1944 Movie~ Cover Girl. There's so many lovely hats and toppers worn in this movie. I would highly recommend seeing this picutre, it has wonderful music and costumes through out the movie. A fantastic Classic.

Red Button- Up Top~ Thrifted~ I added the little blue and black tie.

Black Cropped Cardigan~ Target~ I wear this sweater a lot.

Black Sweater Pencil Skirt~ Thrifted

Black and White Checker Belt~ Thrifted with a Matching Dress

Black Pumps~ New~ From DSW

Red Gloves~ Antique Mall

Black and Blue Tweed Purse~ Rag-O-Rama

Black Textured Coat~ Kohls~ Gift

Mirrored Earrings~ Made by my Man~ Sweetapple

Black and Blue Houndstooth Veiled Topper Hat~ Soon to be on Sale at My Etsy Shop

11 comments:

  1. WOW!!! your blog is absolutely delightful! i love the idea of being a modern-day flapper, of embracing the same whimsical and fun lifestyle of the 1920's. i actually started a facebook page called "flappers of the 21st century"! def. following you, girl! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita was just beyond fabulous, esp. in Cover Girl! I love your use of colour here. Gorgeous topper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have thought of mixing these colours together but they really work well in this outfit. Lovely new creation, you're quite the talented milliner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just caught part of Cover Girl on tv last week. I've been meaning to check and see if it's on netflix or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors in this outfit are amazing and I love your hat so much!! you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love the blue and red!! Thanks so much for stopping by the Vintage Blog Link Party!! Hope to see you there this week as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright blue hat. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so pretty red really suits you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your such a tease, loving that houndstooth hat.
    want your vintage black coat and bag amor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, you ladies are so sweet! I'm so glad you all love this new hat creation~ I'm really starting to head into a more 1930's style. Thank you all for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors look great on you!
    I love the last photo the best!

    ReplyDelete