Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Flapper's~ 1930's Print Dress~


Now I have to say, I love this dress. I think it has just the perfect little hint of the 1930's meets the 1950's

Dress~ Liz Claiborne~ Thrifted~ Rag-O-Rama~ tailored to fit my shape

Round Box Purse~ Thrifted

Black Belt w/ Gold Buckle~ Thrifted

Long Pearl Necklace~ I added the knot for a more "flapper" look~ Rene` Rene`

Jean Harlow Replica Pearl Ring~ can be seen in the movie~ Dinner at Eight~ The Hollywood Collection

Black Tights~ Ross

Black Pumps~ New~ DSW

Ivory Cream Rose Cocktail Hat with Black Feathers ~ For Sale at My Etsy Shop

Hair is pulled back into a traditional 1930's Snood.

7 comments:

  1. I looooove floral printed rayons. Gorgeous. Let me just tell you I am swooning over your Harlow in Dinner at Eight ring!!! One of my favourite movie roles of hers. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dieing to get a floral dress.
    you make everything you wear so sexy and seductive.I adore your hats and style.
    Thanks for visiting hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently got a similar blue dress that dosen't go with anything else I own!!! Just have to go shopping for accessories....oh well!!! You look lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think it takes a certain kind of person to pull this off. You seem so confident in all of your outfit posts, this really suits you! You do it so well.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my God!! How beautiful! I would not have the idea of using a hairnet with a hat. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! that hat is goreous, and you're one of the few people i've seen to successfully rock a knotted strand of pearls without looking frumpy. do you think you could do a hair tutorial sometime on le blog? i'd love to see how you achieve such magnificent do's! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning and your hair looks magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete