Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Flapper's~ Classic 1930's Snood Coiffure





So lovely, and yet not seen enough~ the 1930's Snood.

   This easy to do hair style was so commonly used by everyday women of the late 1920's and 30's, that it almost goes over looked as a classic way to dress up your hair for your Modern Day Flapper locks.

Snoods are a fantastic way to take your non-styled tresses and instantly have a flapper inspired hair-do, but also keeping your classic style looking clean and fashionable.

I use just normal hair nets you can get at any local beauty/ hair shop. I just style my hair with some back combing to make my mane look full and thick, and then place my hair in the snood, securing  bobby pins on the top of my head, and one on each side of my head, near the back of my ears. Topped off with a classic cocktail hat.

Just a simple classic look.


Cream Lace Blouse~ Thrifted

Cream Netted Gloves~ Rag-O-Rama

Long Pearl Necklace~ Gift 

2 comments:

  1. So inspired for when my hair gets longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat wore by this woman is very popular in 70's decade. IT was widely used in movie and parties.

    Bucket Hats

    ReplyDelete