Thursday, January 20, 2011

1930's Inspired ~Wool Cape~





     
Okay, so for the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to get my mind off of vintage capes. 
I've been watching so many classic movies, inspiration for my hat designs, I couldn't help but notice all the beautiful capes these women were wearing in these films.
 It just looks so classic, and chic.
 Then it seemed like every time I would get dressed, and was over looking my outfit, I would feel like something was missing~ like a cute little cape. 
  Searched, and searched for something resembling to a vintage looking cape, and found nothing.
So this last weekend I asked my boss, whose the fashion designer for Rene` Rene`~
 what would be the best way, and the easiest way to make a vintage cape?
She told me to just go find a button up circle skirt from a thrift store, cut to the lenght you want, hem, and presto~ a vintage inspired cape. 
 Kind of neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment